This is how to program your 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 Chevy Venture Van replacement remote keyless entry fob alarm by yourself at home without going to the dealer.
1. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
2. Remove the “BCM PRGRM” fuse from the fuse panel, accessed by opening the front passenger door. Use the legend on the fuse panel to properly locate the “BCMPRGRM” fuse.
3. Close all of the doors.
4. Close the liftgate.
5. Insert keys into the ignition, and turn the ignition lock cylinder to ACC (one click towards you – the opposite direction from starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second (the quicker the better)
7. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the programming mode.
8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
9. Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed (including any existing transmitters). Just repeat step #9 for each remote you want to
program. Don’t repeat all nine steps for each remote
10. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
11. Install the “BCM PRGRM” fuse back into the fuse panel.