You can program your 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee remote yourself at home with these simple instructions.
***Keep in mind you must have a working/programmed remote already in order to program an additional remote yourself at home. If you do not have a working remote now, you will have to take the remote to a dealer or locksmith for programming.
1. Press [LOCK] button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize transmitter. Attempt to function transmitter, if working as designed discontinue programming.
2. Turn ignition to the run position (Allow ignition chimes to stop).
3. Using original (working) transmitter, press and hold the [UNLOCK] button on the transmitter for between 4 and 10 seconds.
4. Continue to hold the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (Allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
5. Press a button on all transmitters to be programmed into the system including any previously programmed transmitters; a chime will sound when each transmitter has been programmed.
6. Turn the ignition to OFF position to exit the transmitter programming mode.
To order a remote or for more information, click on the link below: