This is how to program your 2002, 2003, and 2004 Toyota Tacoma (Dealer installed) replacement remote keyless entry fob alarm by yourself at home without going to the dealer. This is for the dealer installed remote keyless system.
MPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again. You can program up to 4 remotes
1. Driver’s door open, all other doors closed, key removed from ignition switch
2. Insert key into ignition switch, then remove it
3. Press LOCK and UNLOCK on the vehicle door lock control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times.
4. Close and reopen driver’s door
5. Press LOCK and UNLOCK on the vehicle door lock control at 1 second intervals 5 times.
6. Insert key into ignition switch
7. Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a remote code while retaining the original codes, twice to program a remote transmitter code while erasing the original codes. Three times to check how many remote transmitters are currently registered or five times to erase all codes
8. Remove key from ignition switch. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to 4 times slowly, to indicate number of remotes registered
9. Press and hold remote LOCK button and UNLOCK buttons together for 1-1.5 second
10. Press LOCK remote button for 1 second: system should lock and unlock vehicle one to confirm, twice to indicate registration has failed
11. If required repeat button procedure to program remaining remotes
NOTE To exit programming mode – close drivers door or insert ignition key
For more information about these remotes, or to place an order, please click on the link below: