This is how you can program your 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 Pontiac Aztek keyless entry remote key fob alarm by yourself at home without going to the dealer.
1. Close all doors
2. Put the key in the ignition cylinder and turn the ON position (do not start the vehicle). On is as far as you can turn without starting the engine
3. Turn the key to OFF and take it out of the ignition
4. Press the drivers side power door lock switch (on the door) in the UNLOCK position and hold it until step 8
5. Put the key in the ignition and take it out (do not turn it)
6. Put the key in the ignition again and take it out (do not turn it)
7. Put the key in the ignition again and this time leave it in the ignition (do not turn it)
8. Release power Unlock switch on the door. The vehicle should sound 3 beeps to confirm programming mode active
9. Now grab the remote and press both Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously and hold those for several seconds or until you hear 2 beeps confirming that this new remote has been programmed.
10. Perform step 9 again if you have more then one remote (that is including any existing remote you already have working)
11. Remove the key from the ignition
12. Test the remotes from outside of your vehicle.