You can program the remote portion of your 2009 and 2010 Pontiac Vibe remote yourself at home with these simple instructions.
**You will still need to take the key to be cut and have transponder chip programmed to start the car. Cutting and programming of the KEY portion must be done by a GM Dealer or an automotive locksmith.
There is also a free programming tutorial video below to show you how easy it is done.
1. Driver door open and unlocked. Key out of the ignition
2. Insert the key and remove 2 times in 5 seconds
3. Close and open drivers door 2 times in 40 sec.
4. Insert the key and remove it from ignition again
5. Close and open drivers door 2 times in 40 sec.
6. Insert the key in ignition
7. Close the door
8. Turn to ON can back to LOCK in 1 second intervals. 1 time for ADD, 2 times for REWRITE
9. Remove the key
10. Power locks will cycle to confirm
11. For ADD or REWRITE mode within 40 sec. Of the confirmation,
A Press lock and unlock buttons of the fob at the same time between 1 and 1.5 seconds
B within 3 sec press lock button for more then 1 sec and release
C If it’s correct the power locks will cycle again. If it is not please try the procedure again
You must log in to post a comment.