There are several reasons why every car owner should have at least one spare key.
Here are the top 7 reasons.
- The cost of getting a second key from an auto locksmith while you have at least one working key will save you money. A locksmith will have less trouble, which saves time and resources on top of everything else.
- You are never too careful with your car, especially if you have more than one set of keys. Store a backup key in case the original is lost or not within easy reach so that no matter what situation arises (a flat tire for example), someone can drive off with their vehicle without an issue!
- Easier for two drivers that use the same car, each person will have their own keys. There is no need to wait for the person to bring you the keys if they took them by mistake. Life is short, keep it simple!
- If you lose your only car key, it could mean being delayed and missing important appointments. This can lead to going without a means of transportation for over one week! Losing keys is such an inconvenience especially when there’s no other way around town because most auto locksmiths will be able to replace them within 24 hours but some dealers may need an order from overseas which takes as long as 7 days or more depending on where they’re located.
- If there is ever an unfortunate event where your car key gets broken or missing, having a backup will save you time and hassle.
- Many security features can be installed on a car to make it difficult for thieves. But if your only key gets stolen, then you are in danger! your car might get stolen too. Calling an auto locksmith can take time while the thief takes your car. So? seems like a plan to have 2 keys right?
- The fragile nature of car keys means they’re prone to bending and snapping. If you find yourself with a broken key, you’d be thankful to have a spare key handy.
Hope these 7 reasons can give you enough information about the importance of having more than 1 key for any vehicle you own.